Five Fat Loss Tips to consider.
As spring break slips away, many of you are still not happy with how you looked in your new swim suit. In fact many of you are starting to feel it's a lost cause. All of that hard work, for what result? Well I'm here to tell you it's not a lost cause. You can look great in your bathing suit. You can do this; you can become fit and trim. I hope to bring you a solution that will not only help you feel better about the fast approaching beach season and offer you a way to show off that great new swim suit; but will also help you realize a transformed hot body.
My 5 Fat Loss tips are:
1. Stop Dieting – have we not figured this out yet? No matter how great the latest diet is, it will never keep the weight off if you don't transform your lifestyle? This change is simply accomplished by enjoying a cleaner diet and making better food choices. A perfect example of making better food choices is to select a flank steak instead of a rib eye. Why, because the flank steak is much leaner than the rib eye, and you will take less fat into your body. In most cases, when you eat well you are able to enjoy many of the same foods you currently enjoy, however you just have to be more aware of what you are eating and choose healthy alternatives.
2. Try to eat 5 to 6 times a day – now here is the truth about this one; and I hate to put this on the paper. I hate this because I know you've all walked into your local gym at any given time and heard one of your favorite trainers telling you what they just read in their latest fitness magazine regarding diet and fat loss. In general many of the articles advocate eating every 2 to 3 hours. This one should be titled, maintain a more stable blood sugar throughout the day. I never want my clients to be a slave to their watch when it comes to eating. You should eat when you are hungry; not just because the clock says it's been 2 to 3 hours. Yes this habit will take some time to develop; but be patient as Heinz ketchup says “good things come to those who wait”. Eat when you're hungry, and control what and how much you eat. You'll be surprised with the long term fat loss results.
3. Having a plan for your meals – the idea behind this is to plan a meal that will encompass all of the sources of energy that our bodies use each day. Each meal should contain a lean protein (fish, chicken, flank steak and turkey), a complex carbohydrate (sweet potato or rice) and simple carbohydrates such as vegetables (broccoli, corn, cauliflower, etc). This type of meal will also help you achieve the stable blood sugar levels as discussed in point number 2.
4. Portion Size – Wow is this ever a big problem here in the United States. Did you know that in the early to mid 70s a normal size burger and fries at McDonalds was the size of a happy meal today? Now again do not become married to weighing everything that you prepare, this is a lifestyle change. To start I think that close enough is a beginning. A portion of protein should be about the size of your palm, not your hand. A portion of complex carbohydrates is about the size of one hand that is cupped (whole grains and brown rice) and a portion of simple carbohydrates (veggies and fruits) should fit into two of your hands cupped together.
5. Complete multi-joint exercises – this is an area that more of the fitness world is beginning to advocate. Exercises like a squat, a push-up or one of my favorites a pull-up; are all part of an effective multi-joint exercise program. You will be amazed how your body begins to transform right before your eyes, once you start a program utilizing these exercises.
There you have it, 5 simple fat loss tips to help you lose the unwanted pounds. As you can see none of it is difficult, what's difficult is making the commitment to do it. I know you can do it. Your favorite bathing suit is waiting.
Until next time, stay fit you'll feel better.
Sport Fitness Solutions
Sign Up Today to Receive Our Monthly Sports Fitness Solutions Free Newsletter.
Once each month we'll send you our Sports Fitness Solutions Newsletter, full of ideas and information targeted at helping improve your sports fitness and conditioning.
There will be information regarding: stability, core strength, speed, endurance, fat loss,weight loss, nutrition, your overall fitness,recipes, and other key topics to improve your fitness and your game.
We will also gather guest writers to offer their ideas on fitness in their areas of expertise. We'll also ask for your input for ideas regarding topics that interest you. As well as your comments on each of the newsletters we post.
Our goal for the Sports Fitness Solutions Newsletter is to make it a forum for the free exchange of fitness ideas all targeted toward one goal, improving our overall fitness.
So sign up today. We look forward to you joining the Sports Fitness Solutions Family.
IF YOU LIKE OUR SITE, PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK SITE; AND BE SURE CLICK ON "LIKE" WHILE YOU'RE THERE.
CLICK ON THE FACEBOOK BUTTON BELOW TO VISIT OUR FACEBOOK SITE.