HEALTHY BAKED CHICKEN NUGGETS
Do you like Chicken Nuggets, those small little bite sized fried pieces of usually white chicken. I think everyone does, especially with your favorite dipping sauce. They're great. The only problem is they're not very healthy. Well here's a recipe that easy, tastes great, and is great for your low fat menu.
It will take you about 2-3 minutes to prepare and only requires 15 minutes of baking time.
Let me know how you like them.
3 - 6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup oat bran
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Garlic powder (pinch)
1/2 cup water or low-sodium chicken broth
1 large egg white
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or coating lightly with best-quality olive oil.
2. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces, about 1.5 inches square. Set aside.
3. Next, combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is your coating mixture.
4. Combine water and egg in a medium bowl. Dip each piece in the water/egg-white mixture. Then dip each piece in the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
5. Place on the baking sheet. When all of your chicken has been coated and your baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
NUTRITION: (Serving = 4 Nuggets)
- Calories: 100
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fat: 3.5g
What are Healthy Chicken Nuggets without Healthy Chicken Nugget Dipping Sauce. If you like Chicken Nugget Dipping Sauce simply click on HEALTHY CHICKEN DIPPING SAUCES below. Enjoy!!