OVEN FRIED ZUCCINI STICKS
Canola oil cooking spray
1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon(s) cornmeal
1 teaspoon(s) salt
1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 pound(s) zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-by-3- inch sticks
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to
475 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flours,
cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Dip zucchini in egg
white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking
- Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
- Bake on the center rack for 7
- Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray.
- Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 5 minutes more. Serve hot with you favorite beverage.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.