Low-Fat Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cans (10.75 ounce size) low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 container (16 ounce size) low or fat free sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounce size) green chilies
- 2 cups low or fat free cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
- 8 tortillas (low fat)
In a bowl combine the soup and sour cream. Set aside.
In a non-stick frying pan sprayed with cooking spray, brown the chicken. Cut the cooked chicken into small pieces or shred. Add half of the soup and sour cream mixture and the can of green chilies to the cooked chicken and heat through. This is the mixture that you will fill the tortillas with.
Using a large baking dish, (9X13 usually), fill each tortilla and wrap. Place these filled tortillas in the pan with the seam down until done. Add the other half of the soup and sour cream mixture to the top of the filled tortillas. Top with shredded cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
NUTRITION: 297 calories, 2 grams fat, 26 grams carbohydrates, 42 grams protein per serving.